IoC Report Exposing a Currently Active Cyber Jihad Campaign’s Domain PortfolioDownload PDF
Cyber jihad, a term that loosely describes using the Internet as a communication, fundraising, recruitment, training, and planning tool in cyber attacks, gained traction over the years. It has become a force to reckon with for many government institutions tasked to battle cyberterrorism. In fact, at the end of 2020 alone, three cyber-enabled campaigns targeting government institutions worldwide were brought down.
In support of similar takedown initiatives, DNS Threat Researcher Dancho Danchev prepared a list of cyber jihad domains and related Internet assets known to be operational in the past couple of years. This list includes:
- 450+ active domains that are part of the said cyber jihad campaign’s domain portfolio
- 180+ domain registrant email addresses found in current and historical WHOIS domain registrant records
- 1,900+ domain name artifacts connected to cyber jihad-enabled malicious or fraudulent activities or that share the registrant email addresses as the cyber jihad campaign domain owners
This list of IoCs and artifacts is available for security researchers and law enforcement specialists. Download the IoC report now.
-  https://scholarship.law.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1353&context=commlaw
-  https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/global-disruption-3-terror-finance-cyber-enabled-campaigns