Cardano Joins the List of Favored Crypto Scam Targets
It’s no longer unusual for cybercriminals to go after cryptocurrency owners. We’ve seen scams targeting Bitcoin1 and Ethereum2 owners before. This time, they’re going after Cardano coin owners3 with a supposed giveaway promo.
We scoured the DNS for other web properties that could put Cardano cryptocurrency owners at risk. And our deep dive into the threat revealed:
- Hundreds of possibly connected domains and subdomains containing the string combination “airdrop + ada,” akin to the IoC
- Hundreds of loosely connected domains as they shared one of the domain IoC’s IP addresses
- 1,100+ domains and subdomains containing the string “cardano,” 12 of which are already dubbed “malicious”
Download a sample of the threat research materials now or contact us for accessing the complete research materials.
-  https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/cryptocurrency/bitcoin-scams-fraud/
-  https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-60465675
-  https://twitter.com/CardanoPhishing/status/1521836040813785088