It’s no longer unusual for cybercriminals to go after cryptocurrency owners. We’ve seen scams targeting Bitcoin1 and Ethereum2 owners before. This time, they’re going after Cardano coin owners3 with a supposed giveaway promo.
We scoured the DNS for other web properties that could put Cardano cryptocurrency owners at risk. And our deep dive into the threat revealed:
- Hundreds of possibly connected domains and subdomains containing the string combination “airdrop + ada,” akin to the IoC
- Hundreds of loosely connected domains as they shared one of the domain IoC’s IP addresses
- 1,100+ domains and subdomains containing the string “cardano,” 12 of which are already dubbed “malicious”
Download a sample of the threat research materials now or contact us for accessing the complete research materials.
-  https://www.forbes.com/advisor/investing/cryptocurrency/bitcoin-scams-fraud/
-  https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-60465675
-  https://twitter.com/CardanoPhishing/status/1521836040813785088