CEO Impersonation Alert: A Look into the Top 100 CEOs of 2021Download PDF
Total losses from BEC scams and CEO impersonation are estimated at tens of US$billion over the past years. In 2021, Elon Musk’s impersonators were able to amass about US$2 million from numerous victims.
The high cost of CEO impersonation led WhoisXML API researchers to ask: Who else could threat actors be impersonating?
Using Glassdoor’s 2021 Top 100 CEOs list, our researchers were able to get a glimpse into the potential scope of CEO impersonation and answer questions such as:
- How many domains and subdomains contain the CEOs’ names?
- How many domains can be publicly attributed to their respective organizations?
- How old are the domains?
- What type of content do the domains and subdomains host?
- Have all the dangerous domains and subdomains been reported as malicious?
Download the CEO impersonation report to dig deeper into this prevalent and costly scam technique.
Download the report now.
-  https://www.ic3.gov/Media/Y2020/PSA200406
-  https://www.ic3.gov/Media/Y2019/PSA190910
-  https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57152924
-  https://www.glassdoor.com/employers/blog/glassdoors-top-ceos-2021/