Luxury Jewelry, Anyone? Watch Out for Scams
Cartier recently decided to beef up its efforts in hopes of taking down sites and pages selling knock-offs of its products.1
Are other luxury jewelers2 and their customers at risk of the same threat? We sought to answer this and more with our in-depth analysis of potential look-alike domains and subdomains peddling counterfeit goods.
Our deep dive into the threat revealed:
- More than 8,200 domains and over 5,400 subdomains possibly mimicking the legitimate web properties of Cartier, Nadine Ghosn Fine Jewelry, Harry Winston, Messika, David Yurman, Monica Vinader, and Van Cleef & Arpels
- Less than 1% of the domains containing the top luxury jewelers’ names could be publicly attributed to the companies
- More than 30 of the look-alike domains and subdomains have been dubbed “malicious” by various malware engines to date
- More than 140 of the domains’ IP resolutions were deemed “malicious”
Download a sample of the threat research materials now or contact us to access the complete set of research materials.
-  https://www.voanews.com/a/cartier-and-amazon-target-knock-offs-in-us-lawsuits-/6618950.html
-  https://www.wpdiamonds.com/best-designer-jewelry-brands-2018/