2023 Update—How Are the Most-Spoofed Brands Represented in the DNS?
The ongoing fight against phishing has become a tug of war. As attempts to make the threat more elusive increase, cybersecurity solutions also become more robust.
SlashNext alone detected 255 million phishing attempts within six months in 2022, allowing them to name the most-impersonated global brands in The State of Phishing Report 2022.1
WhoisXML API researchers built on this list to enable threat detection, attribution, and expansion. Among our key findings are:
- 12,000+ domains containing the names of the most-impersonated brands and added between 1 January and 5 March 2023
- Less than 1% of the cybersquatting domains could be publicly attributed to the companies whose names appeared in the domains
- 6% of the domains were already flagged as malicious
- 21,000+ domains connected to the malicious domains through their registrant email addresses
Download a sample of the threat research materials now or contact us to access the complete set of research materials.
-  https://www.slashnext.com/blog/state-of-phishing-report-reveals-more-than-255-million-attacks-in-2022/